- SOC 262 - Week 4 - The Latino - Hispanic Ethnic Group.doc
SOC 262 Week 4 The Latino Hispanic Ethnic Group
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper, including the following:
The Latino/Hispanic group is the only ethnic category counted separately by the United States Census. According to the U.S. Census, a Latino/Hispanic person can be of any race. Describe the variability within the category of "Latino" group, as defined by the U.S. Census.
Include in the paper:
• When this census category became official (the first time it was used in the United States Census)
• At least five distinctive subgroups that belong under this broad category
• How people from Africa, both slaves and freemen, became part of the Latino population in the U.S.
• How color is viewed within the Hispanic/Latino group today (i.e. a Mexican who is Black)
• The role (and variability) of language in defining groups as "Latino"
• The role (and variability) of religion in defining groups as "Latino"
• The role (and variability) of culture within the category of "Latino"
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Submit your paper to the Assignment Files tab.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below: